In these unprecedented and challenging times, we all must do what we can to support the country’s (and indeed world’s) efforts to lessen the impact of COVID-19. At Changing Tide Tours, we are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization’s (WHO) statements regarding COVID-19 cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
The health and wellbeing of our crew members and guests is our number one priority.
Check out our boat tour health measures and guidelines below.
Commitment to Safety
While there have been no reported cases of the virus in our operations, in order to help slow the community spread of COVID-19 and in accordance with local and State regulations issued across the country, we have suspended all of our operations since March until further notice.
The national lockdown measures have forbidden all touristic activities and people gathering. On 15th June, when the Minister of Health of Costa Rica gives an update on the situation, we will re-evaluate the health and safety conditions at national level.
We understand how disappointing this decision may be for guests that have a tour reserved with us on board one of our vessels.
Commitment to Confidence
Changing Tide Tours is committed to ensuring our guests are confident in making a booking by providing them maximum flexibility during these challenging times.
We are making the following temporary changes to our rebooking and cancellation policy at this time:
- For guests with existing bookings, if your tour is cancelled because of public health authorities’ decisions, we have waived change fees and will be happy to reschedule your tour for a future date travel at no extra cost.
- If you are unable to join us for your experience due to an illness or because of travel to a restricted area, we will apply the deposit you have made toward any future experience offered in 2020 or 2021.
- Guests looking to make a booking for a future date can book with confidence knowing that we will work with them to ensure maximum flexibility should the situation continue or change.
commitment to your Wellbeing
Changing Tide Tours has an excellent safety and sanitation track record and have always operated and maintained a rigorous process around cleanliness and hygiene. Our team is always working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning protocols.
When the national lockdown impositions are suspended, we will adopt safety and hygienic measures for each employee and customer. For the health of all aboard with us, returning to our activities with all the precautions necessary will be mandatory. We believe hygienic measures and social distancing may allow you to enjoy the experiences with wildlife we have prepared for you:
- Before each tour, all crew will proceed to a safety and health briefing with all the information on how to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- The temperature of all employees will be checked before each tour to ensure they do not have a fever.
- Thorough boat cleaning before and after each tour with proper antiseptic solutions, with focus on high-touch areas like handrails and other surfaces.
- No physical contact with customers (hand-shakes, kisses or hugs), which includes a safety distance of at least 1 meter when possible.
- Proper and frequent hand washing of guests and crew during tours.
- Full face masks and latex gloves available for each customer and employee to use during our boat tours in the Golfo Dulce, Osa Peninsula and Golfito.
- Disinfection of all customer’s hands and feet with 80% alcohol before entering our boats.
- Available closed-lid bin on board for litter.
- Cardboard disposable cups for any drinks on board.
Let’s get through the Covid-19 all together!
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.
Safety first! We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.